Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spring Sage--mid-morning


Yesterday in the mid morning, out painting to learn to deal with sage brush. I had a great time, and now feel a bit better about it and will do more. There is so much to learn using these oils. I did use a small palette of primaries on a burnt sienna toned ground. I do want to get more color into the brush, but this is a good start. So interesting learning these new things, I. E. color mixing - -catching the light--recession,---and even local color--as well as foregrounds!!!  Thanks goodness it's fun!  Hope you are all painting!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice - you really captured that sage color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn, its was fun. 8 x 10----Ray was there and painted the old car thing I painted and posted before, a 11 x 14 ! Very interesting to watch him work. Hope to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete